Given the extensive usage of mobile phones to connect to the internet and execute searches using the mobile itself, local SEO is a concept that has gained high relevance. Before the mobiles and the large number of apps that users have to execute specific search topic using their mobile, it was the desktop and then laptop which was used. These two devices had more or less fixed location when the search was being executed by the user. Being given a wide list of response to the search query irrespective of geographic location was normal thing to happen.
With the mobile device however things have taken a sharp change. The mobile as the name suggests is not at any fixed location. When a user executes a search query from the mobile the normal tendency is to give higher priority to results that come up that is geographically closer to the present mobile location. SEO or Search Engine Optimization therefore has an added factor of being locally relevant. Web pages therefore must be taking this factor into consideration when they are being created.
Customers would have more interest in results that are thorn up by a search engine where they are able to visit personally and not just virtually. Business would naturally be benefited to a great extent if the SEO places this factor in the web page design and ensure higher listing by the Search Engines.
Some tips for optimizing a web page for local search
A business page should claim its entry into Google Places. It is not just registering there but also making sure that all details, like location, time of opening and closing and other such contact details are always updated. The profile must necessarily be complete in every detail. The category detail information must also be provided to Google. This way, the search engine throwing up the page reference in a search query would be more exact. In addition a link to Google+ Local page is also very important. More related to social interaction this has become a very popular norm to promote business existence to visitors these days. Google+ Local page features reviews, images and other such relevant posts. Visitors would get interested in obtaining information regarding these services displayed in such a manner.
Some additional tips for optimizing Google+ Local page
- The title of the page must contain the brand name. Along with this there must also be the location of the business while including these factors in the title; care must be taken to maintain the relevance of the title with the Google+ Local page.
- Keywords must be referenced in the keyword. To illustrate with an example. The word restaurant must be included if the business is about food and other factors served in the business.
- As mentioned before the category is very important factor. In the title for local SEO it is best to include the category if possible in the title itself. For example the title should be Chinese restaurant rather than just Restaurant.
- Schema markup process is another idea that makes it interesting for potential customers.
- The address and other location details that are being provided on Google+ must be of the consistent format. NAP as the jargon term goes for Name Address Phone number details, is a very important factor in Local SEO optimization. It gives higher visibility to the business if these details are well updated and included in the set pattern.
Customer reviews being a very important factor in Local SEO.
- It is much like the back links that were used in the organic SEO. Getting customer reviews means higher ranking in the search engine listing. Whether the review is positive or not would naturally depend on the actual service being offered by the business. The SEO cannot help much in this content quality aspect. The SEO however can include the relevance of the feedback in the web site search listing operation.
- It is very much possible for a single business house to be having different location or outlets for the services. All details must be updated meticulously, so that the search engine comes up with correct listing when the mobile executed the search query.
- Site optimized for local SEO means getting more trust from local customers. Trust being a very important factor, needs to be nurtured extensively and the local SEO does help in a big way. For any customer, the local market holds greater interest and relevance than any other international market.
- Local SEO would attract the last minute shopper who has very less time at hand. These shoppers are at a rush for picking up0 their stuff. Having a local SEO site would mean such shoppers can easily locate the shop on ground and move to it.
- The market is fierce and the competition is just increasing every moment. In such a scenario, local SEO would automatically mean a reduction in this competitive struggle. Gives an immediate upper hand to the business house by guiding the customer to its portals easily.
Building up customer interaction on one to one basis
While local SEO optimization would help in directing the customer to the real time shop or service provider, it is left to the people at the counter to seal the customer relationship thereafter. What the customer would be looking for is a business house that is trustworthy and friendly by nature. These aspects are part of the real time interaction experience that happens with the customer. Howsoever optimized the pages maybe, trust can only be won or lost by the real time experience the customer has with the business house.
Using local keywords in the website
This does not mean stuffing the web site with the keyword. The density of the keyword would remain as in the case of an organic SEO. With the local keyword usage, search engines would come up with more priority to the particular web site in its listing.